Join one of the Central Coast’s leading dietitians Nicole Saliba from Eatsense and podiatrists Ellie Kelly and Bradley Moodie from Riverside Podiatry for the Central Coast’s first type two diabetes masterclass. This seminar is targeted at empowering anybody who currently has Type Two Diabetes or Prediabetes or is at risk. Our seminar is open to all past, present and future patients of both EatSense and Riverside Podiatry.
Currently 280 Australians develop diabetes every day or one person every five minutes. Type Two diabetes accounts for 85-90% of all cases of diabetes.
Whilst there is currently no cure for Type Two Diabetes, the condition can be managed through lifestyle modifications including diet and exercise. Because Type Two Diabetes is progressive it needs to be managed effectively to help prevent complications.
Just remember… prevention is better than the management of complications.
This interactive 90min seminar will cover topics such as;
1. Eating well for diabetes
– Busting common nutrition myths
– What role carbohydrate, protein and fat play in managing Type Two Diabetes
– Getting the low down on sugar
2. Moving well for diabetes:
– What type of exercise is most effective for managing Type Two Diabetes
3. How to protect your feet against Type Two Diabetes
– Footwear and foot checks
– Skin and nail care
– Exercise and falls risk
– Vascular and neurological testing
When: Wednesday 5th September 2018
Time: 6pm arrival for a 6:20pm start
Where: The Erina Centre, Erina Library ~ Erina Fair ~ 419 Terrigal Drive, Erina, NSW 2250
What does it cover:
– Light food and refreshments catered by Activate Foods
– Interactive 90min seminar and take home notes
– Free food samples and taste testing
Tickets will be capped off to 100 people and often sell out within two weeks so book in fast.