Is this your first time seeing a podiatrist? Well, there is no need to worry! Here at Riverside Podiatry we are all about patient wellness, so our podiatrists will work hard to have you and your feet feeling fabulous again!
Here is a guide to prepare you for your upcoming appointment so you walk away will all your i’s dotted and t’s crossed.
Before your visit
- Make a list of your symptoms (how long it has been there, what it feels like, etc.) and questions
- Write a list of all medication and any previous surgeries or major injuries
- Gather all relevant medical records and reports from doctors or hospitals (this includes x-rays, MRIs and ultrasounds)
- Inform our friendly reception staff if you have special needs, are a participant of NDIS or are a DVA client
- Contact your Health Fund Provider to find out if you have Podiatry coverage
- Bring a friend or family member if you think it will be helpful
- If you have a referral it is important to bring that along with you
- If your symptoms are while you are wearing shoes, bring your shoes with you to the appointment; the more the merrier so bring along your casual shoes, work/school shoes and joggers.
- Wear comfortable, free-moving clothing to your appointment. It is especially helpful to our podiatrists if you can wear shorts so we can see your knees, otherwise pants that roll above the knees are just as good!
During your visit
- Discuss your symptoms and any recent changes you may have noted
- Your podiatrist will also ask you a range of questions
- Work through your list of questions
- You are welcome to take notes
- If you do not understand any other the answers or any information the podiatrist has provided, please ask for further explanation
- Let your podiatrist know if you are currently, or have previously been, treated for the same condition by another health professional.
After your visit
- Prepare for any examinations your podiatrist has requested
- Follow the thorough treatment plan your podiatrist has provided you with, if you have any questions or concerns we are only a phone call away.
- Schedule a review appointment (if necessary) before you leave our practice.