Heel pain in Children:
Heel pain in children is often caused by a condition called Calcaneal Apophysitis aka. Severs Disease, however it can also be the cause of other various conditions, some of them serious.
If you or your child is experiencing any of these forms or heel pain, it is important to come and have your feet examined by one of our team. With our skills and expertise, we are able to assess and diagnose which of these factors are likely the cause of your pain, and will customize a treatment plan to fix it for good and prevent long term injury or disability!
How can you fix Heel pain?
- Foot strapping with sports tape to decrease the strain on the Plantar Fascia.
- Further calf, Achilles’ tendon and arch stretches.
- Foot strengthening exercises
- Ice massage, arch massage, dry needling and other forms of physical therapies.
- Trying alternative exercise activities to lessen the load and intensity impacting on the feet (i.e., swimming and cycling)
- Wearing footwear of correct sizing, support and midsole cushioning, and small heel heights.
- Customized foot supports (orthotics) to reduce over-pronation and correct foot posture.
- Moonboot to further immobilize the foot and reduce strain on the foot.
- In very few cases, surgical intervention is necessary, but rare.
Even though heel pain is a very common condition it can be very complex in nature. It is very important to get a correct diagnosis and a treatment plan which will suit your individual situation. If you have tried various treatments, without much success, then it is time to give us a call and book in for a consult with one of our Podiatrists!
Don’t let it get out of hand, click on the button below to get it resolved today…